Book Update:

I am currently writing Tri Me: A Working Mom's Road from Last Picked in Gym Class to Iron Distance Triathlon Finisher.
The book proposal is complete, and several chapters are finished!
For some of the thoughts, dialogue and anecdotes that will be included in the book, read my blog below.


Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reflections on the past week:
I am really ramping it up for Ironman.
This week, since David and the kids were gone, I really poured it on to build up as much base training as I can while I have the time and flexibility in my schedule.

The day they left, I did a 74 mile ride that was pure hell the last 25 miles. It was too hot, too late in the day, my fitness wasn't there, and I didn't know what to do about the heat.

I rode 5 more times in the week that followed (this past week) shorter distances, but meaningful rides, some of them fast group rides.

Today, I drove up to the site of the Ironman race and rode 93 miles of the 112 mile course. And I did it in almost the same amount of time as that terrible 74-miler last week.

Every workout I've had this week has felt GREAT! I am in the best shape of my life. I have 2.5 months left, and I am going to be SO READY.

I love training with these new friends I have met. I am developing a new love of cycling, as my handling skills improve and I'm not afraid anymore of shifting, cornering, riding in groups, etc.

I topped out at 19 hours of workouts this week, including the 5 hour and 22 minute ride today. And I've never felt better! Surprisingly, I'm not even that hungry. I think it's the heat. I eat when I'm hungry, but I'm just not as hungry as I have been, even earlier this year.

No comments: