Book Update:

I am currently writing Tri Me: A Working Mom's Road from Last Picked in Gym Class to Iron Distance Triathlon Finisher.
The book proposal is complete, and several chapters are finished!
For some of the thoughts, dialogue and anecdotes that will be included in the book, read my blog below.


Thursday, July 15, 2010

Different kind of triathlon transition


This morning I was cutting it close trying to make my morning group ride AND run a meeting starting at 8 a.m. at work.
It wasn't looking good when the start was a few minutes late, especially because one person had crashed over the weekend and wanted to take it slow. She has a dark purple bruise covering her upper thigh. It looks really bad.

Anyway, I was getting more and more worried. We usually finish the ride in 1:22, and we usually leave before 6 a.m. - more like 5:50 a.m. most mornings.

It was 7:20 a.m. before we made it back to my car. By that time I had separated from the group and gone ahead. I was riding and talking on the phone to the bagel place so they would have my stuff ready and I could just run in.

Here's how the transition from athlete to professional went today:
7:24 Bagels picked up
7:32 At work
7:34 Bike, gym bag, laptop, backpack, bagels on 2nd floor
7:40 Board room set up, laptop on, projector on
7:41 In shower
7:50 In business suit and heels
7:51 Doors unlocked and greeting first attendee

Success!
I did run into the boss when I was still in sweaty bike clothes running around like a maniac. So that was a little awkward.

No comments: