Book Update:

I am currently writing Tri Me: A Working Mom's Road from Last Picked in Gym Class to Iron Distance Triathlon Finisher.
The book proposal is complete, and several chapters are finished!
For some of the thoughts, dialogue and anecdotes that will be included in the book, read my blog below.


Thursday, July 01, 2010

My family came home last night after being gone for 1.5 weeks!! It was great to see everyone. I've been really lonely, but definitely able to focus on training, training, training. My challenge now will be to see if I can keep up the volume and intensity with everyday life factors coming back into the picture.

Today's group ride was nice, but smaller than usual and a bit slower than usual.
In what was surely not my finest moment, I made a decision to leave my duffel bag with my work clothes in it in the bed of the truck, where it had been cushioning my bike for the drive to Bexley.

When we got back from the ride, and sprinkler system in the yard I parked next to had been watering my truck bed faithfully. I should have thought of that - the sprinkler came on while I was getting my bike set up. I should have put the bag in the cab.

Didn't.

Fortunately I keep extra clothes in my office so that when I commute to work, I don't have to carry clothes and shoes on my bike. The clothes I had packed in the duffel bag were soaked.

No comments: