Book Update:

I am currently writing Tri Me: A Working Mom's Road from Last Picked in Gym Class to Iron Distance Triathlon Finisher.
The book proposal is complete, and several chapters are finished!
For some of the thoughts, dialogue and anecdotes that will be included in the book, read my blog below.


Monday, July 26, 2010


I didn't take this photo, but it's close to what the sky looked like this morning as we dove into the quarry.

I couldn't wait to get in and stretch out my legs.

I took it super easy. My shoulders were aching from doing my run with a Camelbak water backpack Saturday. My legs were still hurting quite a bit from everything. Swimming was just the ticket for me today.

Two guys were running a quick 15-minute loop after the swim. It's not on my schedule. This is a recovery week. I don't need to run today, and my legs hurt. But my discipline failed and I joined them anyway. It sounded fun. It actually turned out for the best, as my legs felt a lot better after that. The stairs at work didn't even hurt when I arrived at the office at 8 a.m.

I'm glad I have an easy week this week. Things were starting to get out of control last week. I was misplacing things frequently, which is a sign of mental distraction for me. I'm getting my mind back together now.

No comments: