Book Update:

I am currently writing Tri Me: A Working Mom's Road from Last Picked in Gym Class to Iron Distance Triathlon Finisher.
The book proposal is complete, and several chapters are finished!
For some of the thoughts, dialogue and anecdotes that will be included in the book, read my blog below.


Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Pictures and saturation







Here are some pics of my Tuesday ride. The fog was so cool coming across the path.

Today we swam. I swam really easy for the first 40 minutes and stayed with the back group. I wasn't swimming the straightest, and was losing my focus. When we came back to the building, I asked what everyone's plans were. Two people said they would run afterward. One guy said he would swim a little more. The runners said they'd wait for me if I swam a little more. So we took off for the point, and I really turned up the speed, just to see what I had in me. I was actually kicking and making wake behind me. It felt great! I got to the stopping point about 30% faster than my buddy. I was so far ahead, he popped his head up and yelled for me to go ahead and swim for the dock so I wouldn't be late for the run. He turned around from where he was, and we both reached the dock at the same time. It felt like a great swim. I felt normal after, except that I was breathing hard.

The run was good. Slow pace, but challenging hills in Grandview. Carla made the mistake of telling us we were going too slow, and Doc said, "Alright, Sister," and he took off! Shoot! So then we had to catch him. :-)

It was so humid, my clothes were just as wet after the run as they were when I got out of the water from the swim.

1 comment:

Dennis Robaugh said...

In celebration of your intense workout, I drank a beer today and ate some chocolate cake.