Book Update:

I am currently writing Tri Me: A Working Mom's Road from Last Picked in Gym Class to Iron Distance Triathlon Finisher.
The book proposal is complete, and several chapters are finished!
For some of the thoughts, dialogue and anecdotes that will be included in the book, read my blog below.


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rain Days


I was concerned about maintaining intensity after my half IM race Saturday. Turns out Mother Nature has it in for me, too.

I decided to go to my normal Monday morning quarry swim, to get back in the swing of things, but on my way there I saw lightening, so I turned around and headed back east as quickly as I could. I ran into the Y and got in the pool, but only swam 22 minutes before they figured out about the thunderstorm. Bummer. I ran after, just enough to get the kinks out.

Tuesday was supposed to be a group ride. I honestly was looking forward to seeing everyone again, and blabbing about my race. But there was rain overnight, and then rain predicted for about 10 a.m. At 5 a.m. there was a flurry of text messages and phone calls, and the bike was called off.

I am not so easily dissuaded, and elected to do the hour and 20 minutes in the trainer in my garage. The weather was actually nice and I could have ridden from home, but I feel safer with a group at that hour. I ran 30 minutes after.

I cannot be sidelined!

No comments: