Book Update:

I am currently writing Tri Me: A Working Mom's Road from Last Picked in Gym Class to Iron Distance Triathlon Finisher.
The book proposal is complete, and several chapters are finished!
For some of the thoughts, dialogue and anecdotes that will be included in the book, read my blog below.


Thursday, August 05, 2010


Rain canceled the group ride today, so I set up the trainer in the garage.
I hadn't planned out a trainer workout, so I figured I'd just listen to music and ride.

Here's what I came up with:

Billy Joel Interval Workout

Laughing
Play only Billy Joel on MP3 player.
Adjust pedal cadence to match the beat of each song or variations in each song (i.e. Ballad of Brenda and Eddie within Scenes From an Italian Restaurant).
Shift gears with each cadence change to keep the speed steady.
(Fast song = high cadence, spin fast; Slower song = grind big gear hard)

It passed the time!

I also was able to watch the garbage truck come, and our neighbor rush out and get his garbage can in place in the nick of time. Everyone has their own ways to get their heart rates up!

Riding hard with no air passing over you is definitely hot, though! (See sweat. See sweat drip. Drip, sweat, drip!)

No comments: