Book Update:

I am currently writing Tri Me: A Working Mom's Road from Last Picked in Gym Class to Iron Distance Triathlon Finisher.
The book proposal is complete, and several chapters are finished!
For some of the thoughts, dialogue and anecdotes that will be included in the book, read my blog below.


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Words of encouragement


I remain angry and sullen, so much so that it is coming through in my emails to the training group.

I sent out the following last night:
Subject: RE: anyone for 3 Creeks tomorrow?

So sorry.
As it turns out, I am going to be wallowing in self-pity right at 6:15 a.m. tomorrow, so I can't make it.
In return, I received these kind gems:

its ok...shit happens.....you'll be better and stronger for it in the long run and your training won't get too f'd up in fact it might even do you some good...you've been hitting it pretty hard lately right!?!
And:

Good luck Alice, we'll be around, keep us posted on what you may need.
And:

It wasn't built in a couple weeks and you won't lose it in a couple weeks. You will benefit from the rest, and possibly lose a little speed, but should be able to get it back quickly. Hang tough! It's in you.


And:

No wallowing. Just find the means to get better and stick to it. You will be fine. This is just a sign you needed a little break for your race. Hang tough...eye o the tiger!!!


It's good to have friends.

I did 1:15 on the trainer this morning followed by a 30-minute WALK. Ugh, walking on purpose sucks. I have to do an hour walk later in the week before I'm allowed to try a 20-minute run.

It was very humbling after having a terrific 3-hour run just a little more than a week ago.

It's hard to not feel like it's slipping away.

But I have to turn this around mentally, too. Sulking does not produce healing hormones in the bloodstream.



No comments: